MEDIA ALERT: APEC 2011 CEO SUMMIT MEDIA REGISTRATION DEADLINE – FRIDAY, OCT 7, 2011
· WHAT: Please note that deadline for media registration for the APEC 2011 CEO Summit is this Friday, October 7, 2011.
· About the APEC 2011 CEO SUMMIT: The APEC 2011 CEO Summit is the private sector-led segment of the APEC 2011 USA meetings where 1,500 CEOs will meet with the senior government leadership of the Asia-Pacific and discuss the path forward to greater growth and cooperation. The Summit will take place November 10-12, 2011 at the Sheraton Waikiki hotel. Confirmed and Likely Attendees include:
- Government Leaders: U.S. President Obama, Chinese President Hu, Russian President Medvedev, Singapore Prime Minister Lee, and Australian Prime Minister Gillard.
- Business Leaders: J&J CEO William Weldon, Eli Lilly & Company CEO Dr. John Lechleiter, Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt, Microsoft Chief Strategy Officer Craig Mundie, Wal-Mart Asia CEO Scott Price, Gazprom CEO Alexey Miller, COFCO Chairman Ning Gaoning, and HTC Corp Chairwoman Cher Wang.
· MEDIA ACCESS & REGISTRATION: All sessions of the CEO Summit will be open to the media; however, space is limited to a maximum of 200 journalists so it is essential that interested media register in advance. Interested media much follow a 2-step registration process:
- Register with the U.S. State Department: https://apecsummit2011.iglobalreg.com/press/apply
- Register with the CEO Summit: http://www.apec2011ceosummit.com/press-room.html
Please note that media MUST be registered with the U.S. State Department in order to participate in any part of the APEC 2011 USA meetings. The deadline for registration is this Friday, October 7, 2011 (midnight EDT).
· MEDIA CONTACT: For media inquiries about the CEO Summit, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org